Monday, November 24, 2008

Bacon. The Candy of Meats.

Do you know what happens if you google "quotes about bacon?"

I do.

The first result is an Ogden Nash quote which is actually about bacon (score one for Google).

The second result is Francis Bacon quotes (minus one for Google. Tally = zero).

Sixth down the list was my winner, "Top 10 Quotes About Bacon From Television." With that I give you...

“Special day! Oh, what have I forgotten now? Now, don’t panic. Is it Bacon Day? No, that’s crazy talk!” Homer, The Simpsons

My friend Anne today sent me a link to what is quite possibly the most uplifting Web site in all the land - http://bacontoday.com/.

With such headlines as "Courageous Firefighters Save Bacon Before it Happens," about two little piggies rescued from a well (wait for it...I know, funny, right?) and a recipe for Turbaconducken (Turducken wrapped in bacon, naturally), this is truly a site that has the power to bring hope and unity to a nation torn asunder.

To restore a former glory and recall a history not filled with hatred and spite, but with tolerance and forgiveness.

This, my friends, is the power of bacon.

Bow your head before it's awesomeness.









Turbaconducken

No comments: